3M Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at 3M.

2 face to face interviews, 1 integrity assesment and 1 final interview

face to face meeting

Front End Developer Interview

Well rounded interview, high knowledge of technologies

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in September 2010.

Initial interview will be telephonic from supervisor. Next from NSM (can be video conference also) & in rare occasions from Divisional Manager. HR only facilitates.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask about Key account management , Channel Management and team handling experience. Then about 3M , etc.   Answer Question
    They will tell no negotiation possible. This happens with HR. They may stick to the band given by business. Approval process for exceptions are quite difficult.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warangal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at 3M in April 2011.

Interview process

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They mailed me a copy of offer letter and asked me meet at their company.

Packaging Graphics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maplewood, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maplewood, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in January 2014.

I got an interview scheduled through my temp agency. It was kind of short notice (two days). The person I interviewed with was very nice, very personable. She asked my about my background. I went thought my education and job experience. I did most of the talking. I made sure to read the job description before-hand and explain how my previous job history and skills transferred to the position I was applying for. Once the interview was winding down, we talked about our background, where we're originally from, and even joked around a bit.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult questions. I just had to make sure I explained why I deserved the position and why I'd be a good fit.   Answer Question
    Since this was done through a temp agency, salary was already negotiated.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at 3M.

Met recruiter at career fair, interviewed the next day, had an offer ~3 weeks later.
    Behavioral type questions. What did you like about your last internship, what didn't you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Teamwork skills

Technical Aide Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 3M.

One interview with the manager who oversaw my work for my duration with the company

Director of Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at 3M.

Process commenced with a 1.5 hr interview with the hiring and HR managers. Questions were status quo focused on people management experiences and technical aspects related to QMS implementation/maintenance.
    On-site interview was held over an eight hour period with HR, hiring, and production managers. Standard questions about background and experience with a 1 hr HR type exam that included some elementary technical questions. Received a tentative offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were asked to do something for the business that was counter to your morals/ethics?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at 3M.

They call and set up an interview for the following day. Interview is mostly informal. They ask about your experience in school and how you would fit in to the company.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 3M in March 2013.

I applied online through my school's portal. I received an email from HR to arrange for a phone interview (I was overseas at the time) and got on the phone with my manager after that. She was very nice about the whole process and it took about 30 minutes. After that, I was notified of my acceptance by the HR manager.