3M

Updated 15 Dec, 2014
Updated 15 Dec, 2014

2.7

Production Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at 3M.

Long some parts difficult but everything in the testing relates to what the jobs are. Great process

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I was called to schedule a phone interview. Interviewer seemed like she already knew who she was going to give the job to. I sent a thank you letter after interview nonetheless. I sent follow up email after 2 weeks without a response. After a month, I called the interview and got to speak with her after several attempts. I asked for an update and she was like, didn't you get the rejection letter? okay I'll have it sent to you. yup

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any tricky questions. Most of the interview was going through my resume   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at 3M in February 2009.

I was first contacted by the HR recruiter for 3M Canada and had a 2 hour (not exaggerating) phone interview which was preliminary and went well I felt. Then I had a face to face meeting with one of the Senior Managers and that too went well and lasted in excess of 2 hours. Mostly long term aspirations type of questions. Finally, I was asked to travel to 3M's Canadian corporate office where I was interviewed and taken to lunch over a 6 hour period and was interviewed by 5 different managers. I only heard back from the recruiter after about a week and was told that the first manager who met with me did not feel that I was the right guy for the job. I was surprised (shocked) to hear this as he was the man who obviously said that I was good to pass on to the corporate team at 3M for continued interviews. A way too long process and frustrating dealing with all of the "red tape"

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to 3M in terms of capabilities?   Answer Question
    • What do you do the first week on the job if you are successful in getting the job?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

It consists in 2 parts: Online test + Group Interview
    Online test was not difficult. There were about 7 people at the group interview. Had to answer questions, solve a case talk in English. It was also very clarifying about the positions offered.

Marketing Interview

Phone interview with an HR person then in person interview. I did not get offered a position, but the people who I interacted with were very nice and professional! They were my very first interviews ever and they helped make me feel more comfortable (as comfortable as possible for your very first interviews that is).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a project or experience you have had in school that interests you and relates to this position?   Answer Question

Operations Optimization Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

One-day interview at the plant location. Multiple candidates were interviewed in a day, 3 on my day. We met the hiring manager at the hotel, who led us to the plant and there was a 3-legged interview process: behavioral interview, peer interview, and a plant tour. Then, we toured the small town where the plant is and had lunch. Then we were free to leave for the day.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you saw on your plant tour that you think could be improved?   Answer Question

The town was too small for me.

Senior Electronic Materials Engineer Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at 3M.

I had the interview on campus. 3M organized an info session the night before the interview day. During the interview, the recruiter asked me to introduce myself and to talk about the projects that I have done in the past. The interview itself is a good experience, however, I haven't got any feedback from them after more than two month.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mainly on the projects that I have done.   Answer Question

(Graduate Degree) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

I initially had talked with 3M at my college career fair where I spoke directly to a member that suited my specific degree requirements. The process took less than 2 month for an initial meet (career fair), 2 interviews and 1 phone interview. Most questions were geared towards what I would like to do and selling my self on what I can do. I would like to note that the interviewer also liked how I had broad experience where all my skills set would work well with the company's focus and research areas. The interviewer said that sometimes as graduates student, we have experience that pigeon holes up to one specific area but a good background of experience that is broad but related is great.

Interviews were very relaxed, just like any other interview. They just asked me about my resume, what I learned, have I ever dealt with difficult people, and how I responded in different working environments.

Interview Questions
    • What would I give as advice to younger engineers (specifically girls) to get them more involved in engineering (related to my volunteer work)?

What did I learn in the process of completing my Master's that I could take with me as I work for a company and a research team?

Answer Question

Sales Interview

Casual 3 interviews where you would go from person to person with 3 different people within the division you want to go in. You go in and have a tour as well of the amazing facilities and really enjoy iy

Interview Questions

Did not want to relocate

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at 3M.

on campus interview. My interviewer is a phd. He is very gentlemen. He talked a little bit about the culture and experience of 3M. His question is mainly basic behavior questions, like what's your career goal? What's your biggest accomplishment? Went through the resume, and asked details about my intern and projects.