1-800 CONTACTS

5 interviews

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Draper, UT (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS.

It started with hearing about the job from a friend and submitting a reaumé. Then there was a brief phone interview. Next, you get a link where you answer six brief questions in writing, and six additional questions by recording yourself on video.

If successful, you go in to the office for a skills test of ten questions, which you must answer correctly, including questions which answers are obtained by navigating the customer database. You must also type above 42 WPM.

If successful, a behavioral interview is conducted.
A senior manager will interview you if they believe you are able to perform the job. If the manager decides you are a good fit, an offer is extended.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone with whom you did not get along. How did you handle that situation.   View Answer
I was able to select exactly the hours I wanted to work. No negotiation necessary.

Other Interview Reviews for 1-800 CONTACTS

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Draper, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS.

The interview first starts with a screening by a recruiter. They ask you questions about your past jobs and about why you want to work for 1-800 CONTACTS. If you pass that they bring you in for an interview and a basic computer skills test. If you don't know the basics of computers (using the internet etc.) don't go. They use behavioral interviewing techniques. During the interview portion the recruiter asks you about past work experiences. You have to be specific like what the situation was, what actions you took in detail and the result. Think of examples before you go on customer service, learning new things, etc. It's hard to BS these answers. If you pass the recruiter interview they have you meet with a Manager who asks you similar questions. The process is quick and fairly easy and everyone is really nice. They also gave me a tour of the building and the cafe and gym- Awesome! They actually offered me the job about a day later and asked me what hours during a specific time slot I would want to work after training. ( scheduled was 2 to 11pm) but they also have morning shifts. Oh and they do do a background and electronic I-9. A friend didn't disclose he had a marijuana possession conviction so he got booted for 6 months because he didn't write it down. Also, we had a girl termed during training cause she was using a fake social security #. (she told me this but not sure if that was the real reason)

Interview Questions
    • It was some questions related to weaknesses. Not the typical, "What is your weakness?" but more like "Tell me about a time you had to work with a manager to overcome a weakness."   View Answer
    They have set salary bands that they bring agents in at. They offer $12 an hour unless you have specific experience as an agent. There really wasn't much negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in March 2011.

If you are considered you will go through a phone interview, then an online assessment. If you pass both you will be called in for a face to face interview. Then they offer the job after a couple of days. Once you are offered the position, you go through a four week training. The training is easy but they give three tests and if you don't pass them you get the boot.

Interview Questions
    • They are all behavior based questions. It's best to look up star testing questions and think of at least 10 specific stories for the interview. They look for answers that follow the star format.   View Answer
    Non

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Draper, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in January 2009.

You first begin by emailing them your resume. They then send you this long questionnaire that you have to fill out which is really just the application. If they like your answers then you get a phone interview that you schedule with them.

Both the phone interview and questionnaire ask a lot of questions about your past experience They want to know about your work history, attendance, customer service, challenges, etc...typical things that employers want to know about, but they're really big on examples. Many of the questions begin with "give an example..."

I can not say that I was too impressed with the phone interview. The girl interviewing me was not very personable nor was she very easy to communicate with. She actually got kind of snooty with me a few times. I did not get to the person to person interview, but I probably would have turned the offer down after that experience. It just seems like any other company that views their entry level employees as dispensable.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you faced a company policy that you were unhappy with, and what did you do to cope with that obstacle?   Answer Question
    • "If we call your past employer what can you expect them to tell us about your attendance?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Draper, UT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT (US)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at 1-800 CONTACTS in October 2010.

They have you fill out a long questionnaire, and then schedule a phone interview based on those answers. The guy they have doing the phone interviews is terrible. He was horrible at clarifying things and had no personality. I think they have a very narrow idea of who they will hire, and if you don't fit into that box then you are out.

Interview Questions
    • How many unplanned absences from work do you think are acceptable?   View Answer

Worked for 1-800 CONTACTS? Contribute to the Community!