Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Reviews
62% of the CEO
2 people found this helpful
Pros – - Tremendous IP and the potential for leveraging that IP
- A number of very passionate a dedicated people to work with
- Essentially still a "startup" culture with a hefty bankroll
- "Warner Bros." experience can look pretty good on a CV
Cons – - Lack of unifying direction/vision (especially obvious given the geographic separation of the "head office" from everyone else)
- Too little staff to do all the work that needs to be done, and a seeming willingness by the executive team to let this situation continue.
- "Bottom-line" decision making often at odds with creative/creation process
- Current trend of workforce reductions at various development locations
Advice to Senior Management – Unify the entire division, staff critical positions with enough people to get the job done without individuals having to "kill themselves," and setup a culture of "success" versus one that provides a minefield of opportunities for failure.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company
1 person found this helpful
Pros – The work is fun and challenging. The people are great.
Cons – The studio goes through annual layoffs. Sometimes it is more often than that. They layoff people whenever a title is ready to launch. The pay is lower than other nearby studios.
Advice to Senior Management – Plan ahead so you have something to do with all these people when a project ends. There is no need to go through massive hires and layoffs every year when a little planning will save you all that time, money, and reputation.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company