Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Staples
- Sales Associate (72)
- EasyTech Associate (59)
- Cashier (43)
- Copy Center Associate (35)
- Resident Easy Tech (18)
- General Manager (17)
- Business Development Associate (15)
- Sales Manager (15)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (14)
- B2B Sales Consultant (14)
- Easy Tech (13)
- Business to Business Sales Consultant (12)
- Office Supply Associate (10)
- Easy Tech Associate (8)
- Easy Tech Expert (8)
- Account Manager (8)
- Copy Center (7)
- Operations Manager (7)
- Store Manager (6)
- Copy and Print Associate (6)
- Team Supervisor (5)
- Customer Service Lead (4)
- Customer Service Representative (4)
- Product Specialist (4)
- Assistant Manager (4)
- Staples Easy Tech (4)
- Certified On-Site Technician (4)
- Copy & Print Center Associate (3)
- Staples EasyTech Expert (3)
- Inside Account Manager (3)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Staples (Orlando, FL (US)) in November 2012.
Applied online with a test, phone interview, onsite test (5 minutes), interview by manager, background check and drug test.
- Basic questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Staples (Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA (US)) in June 2011.
Initially, I applied online which consisted of very lengthy behavioral assessments...which took 2 days to complete. 3 days after online application was submitted a recruiter phoned me for a 20 minute phone interview. Surprisingly,the interview was quite detailed for a distribution job. Recruiter invited me out to facility for an in-person interview for the following week. Upon arrival, a skill assessment called (The Hay Test)was proctored to measure one's ability to correctly identify SKU codes accurately. For instance, 706 __607 insert check mark if these numbers are the same...if not leave blank. The assessment is timed for 4 minutes and the minimum number which is needed for scoring is 104. So this assessment measures aptitude for dexterity, accuracy and efficiency. Since i passed the Hay assessment the second segment consisted of an interview with 2 individuals.
Now this is where I have a problem......didnt know which position I was being interviewed for until the second segment. Disappointingly, they built this position to be very mundane and easy. Humph....this position consisted of very heavy lifting...heavy lifting.
There was no room for negotiation.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Staples (Portland, OR (US)) in September 2009.
Applications for positions are available online. Before an interview you are asked to come in and take a assessment, it only takes a few minutes. An interview is set-up with the supervisor for the position that is posted. During the interview you are encouraged to ask questions and are giving a tour of the facility. During the tour you get to see how everything runs and are encouraged to ask questions of the other associates. Interviews are casual and welcoming. Either before or after the interview (I don't recall which) you must have a urine test done.
- What are 3 words that describe you? Answer Question