Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastech
- Junior Recruiter (3)
- Recruiter (3)
- Consultant (2)
- Program Manager (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- SAN Storage Administrator (1)
- Interview IS A Mental Torture @ Mastech (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Senior Java Programmer (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Installer (1)
- Intern (1)
- Senior Technical Recruiter (1)
- Senior Linux Administrator (1)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Senior Architect (1)
- Lead Developer (1)
- Sales Coordinator (1)
- IT Recruiter (1)
- Software Developer (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Mastech in March 2015.
The oddest and most negative experience I have ever had.
Recruiter had a very “Stalinist” approach. I felt I was being interrogated by a KGB agent. The only elements missing was the subzero windowless room & the interrogation lamp. Recruiter was unprepared, disorganized, Rude, Aggressive with a relentless "In Your Face" demeanor (i.e. demonstrated confrontational behavior the entire time). Lacked professional courtesy and showed no cross culture communications skills what so ever. Incapable of processing any response that required more than minimal effort. Operated on a rudimentary "Red Peg, Red Hole" mentality.
My take-away & impression from this experience was that working at this company would equate to a boiler room/sweat shop environment that operates on a lowest bidder mentality at the cost of it's front line employees. Nothing good could have come of it; the entire process was a waste of time. Will avoid applying to any opening listed by them. I like to believe that this incident was the exception to the case but my instinct tells me it’s the norm and that recruiter was simply following company protocols. IMHO I suspect that management abides to a strictly profit driven mentality with a high employee burnout rate.
Advice to Management: Take this review seriously & as unbiased critique. Suggest conducting internal review/assessment on how this recruiter treats/screen YOUR applicants...
- Items that where readily listed on your CV if he had actually done his job. Answer Question
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mastech.
Behavioral type questions and I was interviewed by 2 people
- Behavioral type questions Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mastech (Calcutta (India)) in December 2013.
Interview included GD and then PI initially. Those who were shortlisted had to give an nline psychometric test. Then finally another two rounds of PI.
- Standard questions were asked. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Mastech.
The interview process was long and It took me 3 weeks to finally get the offer
- No difficulty in the questions asked Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Mastech (Fremont, CA (US)) in February 2012.
Typical phone interview.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at Mastech (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in September 2010.
The Recruiting Manager at Mastech (based in PA) contacted me about a job at Capco, a consulting company. There was first of all a mixup on the face to face interview time, as the guy forwarded the same e-mail from the phone one. To cover himself, he told me that if I showed up I was pretty much guaranteed a job. The 2-3 hour interview (which I took off work for...a Big risk) seemed to go well & afterwards I was even told that I would fit in at the Consultant or Senior Consultant level (somewhere in between). After about a week, Mastech had not initiated any contact with me and I called Capco directly who told me they had asked Mastech to contact me. A big waste of time! I do not recommend Mastech to anyone, and both Capco and Mastech mislead candidates.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Mastech in March 2010.
Applied by mail. Got a call to fix an appointment for a phone interview and a mail was sent for confirmation.
I had the phone interviews with two people and i didn't get any feedback since.
Guess it didn't go well
- The products i supported and the business implications 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review